When a bride asks you to be her bridesmaid, many girls are not prepared for what that exactly entails. I want to share with you what, as a bridesmaid, the bride expects of you. It is a huge honor to be asked to be in a friend or family members wedding, but you first need to make sure that you can uphold your role as a bridesmaid before committing.
- Accompany the bride in shopping for her dress
- Advice on any details of the wedding
- Bridal Shower
- Bachelorette Party
- Any random tasks like addressing envelopes, making favors, etc.
- Bridesmaids dress
- Shoes, jewelry, and any other accessories
- Hair and make up expenses
- Bachelorette party
- Bridal Showers
- Travel to the wedding, showers, parties, etc.
Money commitments is something huge to consider before accepting. It is very expensive to be a bridesmaid, and if you cannot afford it, then say "no." After working in different bridal stores, this is something I see daily. The bride cannot be mad at you for not being able to
The biggest thing to keep in mind is that this is her day. She will be there for your day- if she has not already. Keep a smile on your face and leave any personal issues at home! Just keep in mind how big of an honor this is!