Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Toes In The Sand

Very early on in life, I realized my love for the beach. Not only was is very fascinating to me, but it was such a peaceful and happy place. I started going to Holden Beach, NC every summer with my best friend. We went every summer from the age of 11 until 19 years old. When it came time to choose a college, there was not a doubt in my mind. UNC Wilmington was the place that I would be the happiest. 
eastcoastbells.blogspot.com
With that being said, I love beach weddings. I have been to a few, but also watch from afar as some have gone on. One great thing about beach weddings is that you can go all out, and really decorate the beach, or you can leave it simple. Because of its natural beauty, you do not have to have a lot of decoration. I am going to share with you some of my favorite beach accents, advice, and ideas. 
etsy.com
Choosing your beach wedding may be the hardest part. There are so many beautiful beaches. If it is going to be in the country ask yourself the following questions. Is there a specific beach that has significance to the two of you? What would be easiest for out of town guests to travel to? Are there locations that you can hold your reception at? You want to make sure it is not a huge pain to have your wedding in this one town. Since many of you will be planning a destination wedding, it is likely that you will need help. This is okay! Many resorts, hotels or reception spots have an on site event planner that is there to answer any questions you may have. It is their job to make sure your day goes perfectly. Do not be afraid to let them know exactly what you are looking for. 
My biggest piece of advice is to be prepared for the worst. Keep in mind that mother nature does not care that it is the biggest day of your life. Have a back up plan just in case it is raining, windy, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment