Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Proposals

Proposal stories are one of my favorite things to hear. I love the creativity and ideas that guys come up with. I also enjoy seeing how hard they work at making this one of the best memories of their fiance's life. Here are a few of my favorites
  • The number one is this video that puts most proposals to shame. It is a youtube sensation, so I would not be surprised if you have seen it before. BEST PROPOSAL Make sure you have sound on the computer and that you watch it start to finish. It is so sweet. 
  • "My fiance and I started dating our senior year of high school. He was shy, so he wrote me a note and left it on my desk -- it was super-dorky and asked if I wanted to “go out with him, be together, or whatever.” Then he wrote, "Sorry about the note. I really like you. Jim.” Now we’re both teachers, and when I got back to my apartment one day after school, there was an envelope taped to my door. As I began to read the note, I realized I’d read it somewhere before. He had rewritten that original note, but changed it to "Will you marry me, be together forever, or whatever. Sorry about the note. I really love you. Jim.” He was waiting in my room to propose."
  • After doing some online research I can across this video also. It is a pretty creative way to propose also. Creative Wedding Proposals
  • Patrick told me he wanted to take me on a trip for my birthday, so I knew we were going out of town that weekend, but had no idea where.  Several of my friends actually thought that he was going to propose but I honestly didn't think it was going to be that weekend...We arrived at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville which is just breathtaking and I was completely suprised!   Saturday Patrick suprised me with a spa treatement and we enjoyed that during the morning.  That afternoon we made plans to go for a hike.  We hiked up to this lookout tower that has an incredible view of the Blue Ridge mountains from the top.  Once at the top of the tower, Patrick tells me that he wants me to take some pictures of a certain view.  When I turned back around, he was on one knee!  I could not believe it and kept repeating "seriously?"  "seriously?"  He said some really sweet things, and ask me to marry him and I said yes (obviously!)  He had the ring in a tiny bag because he couldn't keep the box in his pocket because I would notice it since he had shorts on!  I was so impressed at how he had planned the whole thing, he's actually talked to my parents a month and a half beforehand!  (This story comes from one of my friends!)
I love how personal each proposal is. It really shows the grooms personality. They are each so different and special in their own way. 
If you have a fun wedding proposal--please share with us! 






1 comment: